Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii located on the island of Oahu.
During the Starlit Hui, Uncle takes you on a magical journey of Hawaiian traditions and culture, filled with music, dance and most importantly … fun! Here are some tips I found most useful, from my own experience and from Aulani cast members:
- Arriving for the show -To reach the Halawai Lawn, enter via the pathway between Aunty’s Beach House and ‘AMA ‘AMA. Once you arrive, pick up a lauhala mat and find a spot on the grass underneath the island stars. Beverages are more than welcome on the Halawai Lawn, so make sure to fill up your Resort-refillable mug before the show!
- Discovering island-inspired activities before the show – Once you’ve found your place on the Halawai Lawn, your keiki won’t want to miss the variety of island-inspired activities available before the show starts. Local artisans demonstrate traditional Hawaiian arts, like weaving and lei-making. You can also learn how to do the modern hula – which you’ll see later in the show!
- Dancing with your favorite Disney characters – Following the Starlit Hui, be sure to stick around for a high-energy dance party! Some of your favorite friends like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy may even make a special appearance as your ‘ohana dances the Hawaiian night away.
Latest posts by David Pedraza (see all)
- Mother’s Day Events Around Florida - April 28, 2015
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series Returns to Epcot! - April 19, 2015
- Tomorrowland Sneak Peek Heads to Epcot and Disneyland - April 15, 2015