There are so many opportunities for every member of your Ohana to learn or even pick up new talents during a vacation to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa! A favorite activity of many is the Ho‘okani Pila where you learn to play the ‘ukulele. Amazing how easy it is for some to learn such a unique instrument. My husband David would love to learn, maybe someday we’ll get a lesson from the great folks at Aulani. 🙂
These are some of the activities you can experience while at Aulani Resort & Spa:
- Ho‘okani Pila – Learn the ‘Ukulele: Families can learn how to play a song or two on the ‘ukulele and also learn how the instrument became so popular in Hawaii. Even if you have never played an instrument before, this introductory lesson is simple and perfect for beginners of all ages!
- ‘Ohana Hula: For me, it wouldn’t be a trip to Hawai’i without a lesson in hula dancing. Aulani features a weekly lesson about hula – Hawai‘i’s unique dance. During this activity, your ‘ohana will learn fun hula moves like the ‘ami hip roll and more. Some of the classes include Premium Experiences that teach you even more about the Hawaiian culture and the tradition of hula dancing.
- Disney Family Fun Animation: Disney animated films have delighted generations. While at Aulani, your family can learn how to draw a favorite Disney Character and even take home your very own masterpiece. Trust me, I’m not an artist, and was pleasantly surprised how simple each step was while creating my own piece. Don’t forget to sign your sketch when you’re finished!
TIPS: When you check in at Aulani, a cast member will give you The Daily ‘Iwa, a listing of the wide variety of activities taking place around the resort, which will help you plan your day. Keep in mind that some of the activities do require reservations. The Daily ‘Iwa also lists activities for specific age groups, like the Teen Ho‘okani Pila (just for teenagers at Aulani) and Keiki Hula (just for kids)!
Have you been to Aulani and have a favorite activity you like to do? Tell us all about it.
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Praise Wave 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando - December 19, 2017
- Celebrate the Holidays in the ‘Wildest’ way imaginable at Safari Wilderness - December 1, 2017
- Come Celebrate the Holiday’s at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration - November 25, 2017