The Florida State Fair is coming to town February 8th – 19th and the family and I can’t wait to attend. This will be the first time we go to the Florida State Fair since moving to Central Florida and we are looking forward to all the events, food and more that await us at the fair.
Did you know that the Florida State Fair is the Official Fair of the State of Florida? Since 1975 it’s been held every year in February at it’s home in Tampa Florida off of Interstate 4 and U.S Highway 301 in eastern Hillsborough County on a 330-acre site.
With over 180 vendors, 100+ Carnival Rides, a Circus, Animal Exhibits, Entertainment, Shows, Concerts, Activities, Meet n’ Greet and more there is something for everyone at the Florida State Fair.
Opening Day Feb 8th is Heroes Day presented by Jefferey Allen and all active, reserve, retired military veterans, law enforcement, firemen & first responders with valid ID are honored at the fair. Our Heroes and up to 3 family members get into the Fair FREE on opening day as a show of appreciation and support for their service to our country. Thank you!
Kids will also have a great time on opening day as Paw Patrol and Rusty Rivets will be there meeting all their young fans throughout the day. Located in the Florida Center, The PBS Kids Fun Zone, kids will be able to meet Chase and Marshall from Paw Patrol 10:30AM till 5:30PM and Rusty and Ruby from Rusty Rivets 11:30 till 6:00PM.
The PBS Kids Fun Zone is the largest gathering of PBS Kids Characters ever assembled! Imagine your kids having the opportunity to meet Clifford the Big Red Dog, Peg + Cat, Arthur, Curious George, and The Man in the Yellow Hat, Elmo, Jet Propoulsion, Nature Cat, Buddy Dinosaur, Katerina Kittycat, Maya and Miguel, Word Girl, and the Super Why team, all at the Florida State Fair.
Each day of the fair, multiple characters will be available to meet their fans. There will also be fun family activities such as dance parties, book readings, and incredible crafts and activities, all brought to you by your friends at WEDU. Discover all the Fun that waits at the PBS Kids Fun Zone, daily from 10:00AM till 6:00PM in the Florida Center.
There will be music and entertainment everywhere, so if you are not about the carnival rides, you can definitely have a great time enjoying many of the musical acts, shows, races and more.
Local Tampa Music Performing on the Sleep Number Stage..
- Kenzie Wheeler, Feb. 8th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Rev. Barry & The Funk – Feb. 9th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Alex Lopez Xpress, Feb. 10th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Puchi Colon, Feb. 11th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Beach Wolf, Feb. 12th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Taylor Reed, Feb. 13th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Southview, Feb.14th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Bearded Brothers, Feb. 15th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Brad Murray Band, Feb. 16th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
- Impulse Band, Feb. 17th 7:30 & 8:30 pm
Also Performing on the Sleep Number stage will be:
- Vocal Trash – Mon-Fri at 11, 1, & 4 Sat-Sun 11, 1, 3, & 4 PM
- Fuel on Fire, Feb. 8-13 Mon-Fri at Noon, 2, & 5, Sat-Sun at Noon, 2, 5, & 6:30
- Screaming Orphans, Feb. 14-19, Mon-Fri at Noon, 2, & 5, Sat-Sun at Noon, 2, 5, & 6:30
Daily Shows that will be Performing on the Tampa Bay Time Stage are:
- Kazual, Mon-Fri at 11:30, 2:30, 5:30, Sat-Sun 11:30, 2:30, 5:30, & 7:30
- Dennis Lee Band, Mon-Fri at 10:30, 12:30, & 4:30 pm, Sat-Sun 10:30, 12:30, 4:30, & 6:30
On the Cracker Country Main Stage:
- Southern Express Bluegrass
- Bits of Grass Gospel Band
The River Boys and Elvis Extravaganza will be February 13th through the 15th
- River City Boys, A Tribute to the Statler Brothers, Feb. 13-14th at 6 pm, Feb. 15th at 1 pm
- Elvis Extravaganza National Championships, Feb. 13-14th at 6:30 pm, Feb. 15th at 1:30 pm
And the Leroy Van Dyke – Country Gold Tour and the Rat Pack will be Performing:
- Country Gold Tour – Feb. 14th 11 am to 2 pm FREE Bleacher Seating, $20 VIP Floor Seating
- Rat Pack, Feb. 16th 10:30 am & 12:30 pm
For more information on the musical performers and for the Special VIP tickets you can visit the calendar page at http://www.floridastatefair.com/p/event-calendar/451
For Special Events, Daily Shows, Meet n Greet and Exhibits including:
- The Circus
- BMX/FMX Freestyle Madness
- Mini-Monster Trucks
- The Rodeo
- The Demolition Derby
- Teen Stars Live
- Meet n Greet with Paw Patrol, Ruby & Rusty and Fairly Odd Parents
- The Little Farm Hands
and so much more.. Visit their Special Attractions page at: http://www.floridastatefair.com/p/calendar/421
Be sure to visit the “Mooternity Ward” and visit this little ‘Black Beauty’ a Dorset Lamb in the Little Farm Hands Exhibit.
With over 180 vendors there is something to please all appetites. Like…
- Chicken and Waffle Pizza
- Pizza Cone
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Ribbon Cut Fries
- Pork Legs
- Banana Frenkel Funnel Cake
- Deep Fried Strawberry Shortcake
Between the rides, food, entertainment and more you will have a great time at the Florida State Fair. Make it an all day affair and don’t forget to catch the Awesome Laser Show everyday at 7PM & 9PM.
For information on Discount Days or to get your Tickets and Armbands be sure to visit the Florida State Fair site and be sure to share your experience on social media and use hashtags #FloridaStateFair and #YourFlStateFair
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- The November Line-Up at SeaWorld Orlando is Too Good to Pass Up! - October 16, 2018
- Brick or Treat 2018 at Legoland Florida - September 12, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida Honors U.S. Police Officers, Firefighters and EMS Personnel with Free Admission Through September - September 2, 2018