We have exciting news to share with Disney Fans!
Beginning this Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017, for the first time ever, Walt Disney World Resort will be welcoming Guests – and their dogs – to four of its resort properties!
Four Walt Disney World resort hotels have been designated dog friendly. Each property’s per night / per room pet-cleaning rate is:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50 a night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50 a night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75 a night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50 a night
A maximum of two dogs per guestroom can be accommodated. Each Guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas. Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
- While dogs will be allowed to stay in Guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated.
This dog-friendly option will be available to Guests with reservations Oct. 15, 2017 through Oct. 15, 2018.
Please read the below restrictions and policies about the new dog-friendly trial program (subject to change)
- Only dogs will be allowed in Guest rooms, and there is a limit of two dogs per Guest room.
- Guests are responsible for the proper care, behavior and waste maintenance of their dogs throughout the Resort.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and are not allowed on furniture in public areas.
- Dogs should be supervised at all times while staying on Resort property and should not be left unattended in your Guest room for more than 7 hours.
- Dogs should remain silent if left unattended in your Guest room. If noise is heard, you will be called to address the noise within 30 minutes.
- Please display the provided “Do Not Disturb” door hanger outside your room to alert Cast Members that dogs are present.
- Housekeeping service in Guest rooms with dogs is only available when Guests are present. Please dial the Housekeeping button on your in-room telephone to schedule a cleaning time at your convenience.
- Please leash or restrain your dogs at all times while in public spaces on Resort property.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers and other public Guest areas.
- Guests with dogs are allowed to use some Resort transportation services, including Disney’s Magical Express® and Minnie Van™. In order to use Resort transportation, dogs must remain in pet carriers for the duration of transit. All other Resort transportation and public transportation, including Walt Disney World® Monorails and Friendship Boats, are available to Guests with licensed service animals only.
- Dogs are not permitted in Theme Parks and Disney Springs®. Only licensed service animals are allowed in these Guest areas.
- Up-to-date vaccination records must be available upon request.
For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Maleficent Returns to the Magic Kingdom - January 25, 2019
- Celebrations and Fun Surprises at Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom - January 25, 2019
- Coming Soon to Give Kids the World – New Henri’s Starlite Scoops - January 23, 2019