Formerly known as the Gingerbread Run, GKTW’s signature event returns for its 9th year with a new name!
Challenge for Hope will celebrate the happiness that has inspired hope for thousands of children and families at Give Kids The World. Take on the challenge and walk, run, roll or stroll through a 5K that highlights the magic and experiences families enjoy at the Village. Become a fundraising hero and get started!
Give Kids The World Village invites teams and individuals of all ages and skill levels to see the storybook resort in the most exciting and personal way. The spirited 5K – previously known as the Gingerbread Run – celebrates the joys of childhood and inspires hope for kids and families who need it most.
Too far from the Village to attend the Challenge for Hope? Then join a team of Village supporters from around the world by taking on the Virtual Challenge! No matter where you are, you can help the families at Give Kids The World and support our mission.
All Challengers will receive a limited edition Challenge for Hope medal. Take the Challenge and get started today! Click here to sign up!
To share your pics on social media use hashtag #ChallengeforHope
Evernt Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017
Location: Give Kids The World Village
210 South Bass Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
All participants will receive a limited edition Challenge for Hope medal, goodie bag, snacks, refreshments and access to finish line pictures with free download.
VIP Challenge Experience: $145 per person and includes registration, official Challenge for Hope shirt, VIP parking, VIP packet pickup express line, additional race swag and indoor VIP area with special snacks, drinks, and pre and post-race massages.
Adults: Register between April 17–August 31, 2017:$35
Register between September 1–October 15, 2017: $40
Register between October 16–November 11, 2017: $45
Day of Registration: $50, unless sold out
Juniors (ages 3–12): $20 with paid adult
Virtual Challengers: $35 All Virtual Challengers will receive a limited edition Challenge for Hope medal.
Corporate Teams: If your company would like to pay for a team, or part of the registrations, you can choose from one of the options below :
- One payment for all: the company pays for 100% of the team’s registration
- Partial payment: the company pays a portion of each individual’s registration
- One payment for some participants: the company may limit how many registrations covered
**Please note registration fees are not included in fundraising totals. Also, the official Challenge for Hope shirts are limited to 1 per person, and to those participants raising $100 or more, or to those signing up for the VIP Challenge Experience.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Registration: 6–7 a.m.
- Visit Kid’s Zone kids (and kids at heart) are welcome to enjoy activities from our friends at Crayola Experience: 6:30–7:00 a.m.
- GKTW character greetings stop by for a photo with your favorite GKTW character friends!
- Zumba dance warm up: 6:45 a.m.
- Shuttle to Village Last bus leaves parking lot at 6:55 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony: 7 a.m.
- Runners and walkers line up at start line: 7:20–7:30 a.m.
- Race begins: 7:30 a.m.
- Closing Ceremony: 8:30 a.m.
- Shuttles to parking lot: 8:30–10 a.m.
Plaza Del Sol (formally the Osceola Square Mall) in front of the old Beall’s next to Burlington Coat Factory.
Medieval Times (limited parking)
Please DO NOT park at Walmart or the Village. Mears Transportation will be transferring participants from Plaza Del Sol and Medieval Times to and from Give Kids The World Village.
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Typhoon Lagoon – Disney H20 Glow Nights Coming This Summer - March 15, 2018
- Overnight Parking Fees for Walt Disney World Resort Guests - March 14, 2018
- Petunia’s Rescue Story – Clearwater Marine Rescue - February 25, 2018