You’re going to Aulani. What an exciting adventure! While you’re there, rent a Jeep and take some time to explore O’ahu. This beautiful island has something for every member of the family. From beaches to tropical rainforests to history, you could spends days on end exploring. When we were at Aulani, a highlight of my trip was driving the full circle around the island. We stopped at many wonderful locations and I’ve highlighted my top 5 experiences.
1.Polynesian Cultural Center – Open from noon – 6pm daily, this is not to be missed. You can wander through the Polynesian Cultural Center learning about six Pacific cultures in authentic villages. Each village has a show and/or activity that’s fun for whole family. Don’t miss Ha: Breath of Life – a story about life and passion told through song, fire and dance.
2. Waimea Falls – Waimea Valley is 1,875 acres and has been a sacred place for over 700 years of Native Hawaiian History. Along the trail to the Falls, learn about ancient Hawaiian history and plants from around the world. This is easily an all day adventure. Don’t forget your swimsuit!
3. North Shore – Stretching for more than seven miles along the O’ahu coast, the North Shore attracts surfers from around the world. For Big Waves, visit November – February, but you’ll see surfers any time of the year. It’s a great place to hang out, catch some sun and stop at a local food truck for shaved ice.
4. Pearl Harbor – Exploring Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial is a must for anyone visiting O’ahu. Our family spent an entire day learning about the history and exploring the memorial. I recommend an audio headset to enhance your experience.
5. Waikiki – Waikiki is O’ahu’s main hotel and resort area, featuring world-class shopping, dining and entertainment! During the day, your family can learn to surf, visit the Zoo or even the aquarium. At night, Waikiki turns into a bustling and energetic hot spot, ready for anyone looking to dance the night away.
Check at the Aulani Tour Desk located in the lobby for more information.
- Mother’s Day Events Around Florida - April 28, 2015
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series Returns to Epcot! - April 19, 2015
- Tomorrowland Sneak Peek Heads to Epcot and Disneyland - April 15, 2015