Next year Arizona will be getting its first Resort with an indoor water park.
Great Wolf Resorts plans to open one of its popular hotels on the Salt River Reservation next to Scottsdale in 2019. Their hotels are known for their indoor water parks along with specialty restaurants, spas, and children’s activity areas. The company, based out of Wisconsin, caters to families with children ages 2-12 and has 15 locations. Scottsdale has economic growth, demographics and popularity as a tourist destination which makes it a great destination for this resort.
This new hotel will have 350 rooms and will be built next door to Salt River Fields, the Arizona Diamondbacks’ and Colorado Rockies’ spring-training home. It will have:
- An 85,000-square-foot indoor water park with slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash pads.
- A 27,000-square-foot family adventure center with a ropes course, miniature golf, an arcade and a live-action adventure game with interactive magic wands.
- Outdoor pool with cabanas.
- Animated show in the lobby.
- Kids activities including yoga and story time.
- Restaurants including a food court with Dunkin Donuts and Ben and Jerry’s and a full-service restaurant called Barnwood.
Some might wonder why you’d need an indoor water park in Arizona. Some of their advertising slogans include “Weatherproof your vacation” and “Trade in your sweater for a swimsuit.” You can enjoy the water park rain or shine and don’t have to worry about getting sunburned!
The new Great Wolf will be built on 18 acres at the corner of Pima Road and Hummingbird Lane. In addition to spring-training baseball, the area is home to Topgolf Scottsdale, OdySea Aquarium, Dolphinaris, iFLY Phoenix indoor skydiving and Butterfly Wonderland, among other attractions.
This new Resort will be the largest to open in Arizona since 2010 and will be a fabulous addition to the state.
I can’t wait to see the finished Great Wolf Lodge in Arizona! If you’d like more information about Great Wolf Lodge, or help with booking your next magical adventure, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit: Great Wolf Lodge