It’s another 24 hour event at Walt Disney World! This morning on ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America,” Disney shared some true magic in winter-weary Boston by creating a warm summer scene, to officially announce that the “Coolest Summer Ever” is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort. And it all begins with a 24-hour event at Magic Kingdom Park – during Memorial Day weekend, the traditional kickoff to summer.
Olaf, the official host of Disney’s “Coolest Summer Ever,” surprised Bostonians near historic Faneuil Hall with a 20-foot wide beach that included a Cinderella Castle made of sand, beach chairs, beach balls and other reminders of summer fun at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney kicking off the summer with an all-night party at the Walt Disney World Resort. Magic Kingdom Park will be open to guests for 24 hours of nonstop fun from 6 a.m.-6 a.m. May 22-23. Guests are invited to dress to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, merchandise, food and beverages will be on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
For the “Coolest Summer Ever,” Disney is already planning some Awesome experiences! Here’s an early look at some of the highlights:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristof and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle appearing daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 17-Sept. 7.
- Cool Thrills Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World parks. Choose from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train plus Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park; Test Track and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Celebrations – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15 – June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- World Showcase Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- Polynesian Village Resort – The newly reimagined Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort opens with new, first-ever overwater Disney Vacation Club bungalows, perched above the water near Magic Kingdom.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach.
Now as if the news of the 24-hour event for Walt Disney World wasn’t enough to get you all excited… How’s about the Disneyland 24-hour event?!
Yup! You read right… There’s a party on the West Coast too.. The Disneyland Resort in California is kicking off their Diamond Celebration of the 60th Anniversary with a 24-hour event of their own.
Disneyland Resort will kick off the summer with a dynamic 24-hour event on May 22nd – May 23rd, to launch the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Marking the 60th anniversary of the resort, the Diamond Celebration includes the premieres of three new nighttime spectaculars: “Disneyland Forever” fireworks, “Paint the Night” parade and “World of Color – Celebrate!”
The all-day/all-night celebration of the 24-hour party will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Diamond décor throughout the resort and the exciting shows and attractions that bring guests back year after year. The Disneyland Resort invites guests of all ages to kick off the summer travel season in Southern California, celebrating 60 years of magic at a resort that remains forever young.
As more information becomes available, we will be sure to keep you all updated!