The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is continuing its ambitious, promenade-wide transformation in 2018. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney remains open to guests. The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
Also announced recently, popular craft brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney later this year. Ballast Point pairs award-winning beers with an extensive menu of Southern California cuisine—salads, small plates, flatbreads and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. In addition to Ballast Point’s iconic beers, including its flagship Sculpin IPA, the location will serve exclusive, limited-edition beers available only at Downtown Disney. The space will house Downtown Disney’s first-ever on-site brewery, as well as a tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden.
“Our guests are constantly looking for unique experiences, which is why we’re refreshing familiar spaces and unveiling new locations around every corner of the Disneyland Resort,” said Michael Colglazier, president, Disneyland Resort. “Innovative venues such as Ballast Point, Splitsville and The VOID are just a few great examples of the transformation taking place in Downtown Disney this year.”
A recent addition to Downtown Disney is the multi-sensory experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests deep into the Star Wars universe, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space. In groups of four, teams go undercover as stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence vital to the budding rebellion’s survival.
Disney Home also recently opened at Downtown Disney. This popular new retail store offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods from glass wear to linens, kitchen goods and more. At Disney Home, guests find a curated assortment of products that change with each season.
Other exciting experiences slated to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The flagship store will remain open to guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018. World of Disney will continue to offer the largest selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories, collectibles and more at the Disneyland Resort.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes, a dynamic recreation destination, will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Opening soon, the Downtown Disney District location will feature 20 bowling lanes interspersed throughout two floors, four dining areas (indoors and out), more than 25 flat screen TVs and live entertainment 365 days a year.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its patio with a new outside bar and additional seating for al fresco dining. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018. In addition, Napolini, Naples’ fast-casual concept, will also remain open, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Napolini will undergo renovations during the latter part of construction.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District later this year. Known for its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes, Black Tap will offer a casual atmosphere reminiscent of a modern luncheonette, with a distinctly New York vibe.
The Downtown Disney District (no admission fee required) is steps from Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park and the three on-property hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Atmospheric music and entertainment create a lively backdrop for guests. The destination features a diverse collection of casual restaurants, favorite snacking stops, shopping boutiques and high-energy entertainment, including Starbucks, The VOID, La Brea Bakery Café, The LEGO Store, Curl Surf, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar, Sephora, Sprinkles, PANDORA Jewelry, The Disney Dress Shop, The Dream Boutique and the World of Disney store.
The Downtown Disney District parking lot is conveniently located next to the action and offers three hours of parking with a $20 minimum purchase and validation from any Downtown Disney location. Guests will also enjoy up to five hours of parking with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant or AMC Downtown Disney 12 Theatres.
There are so many amazing venues to check out in the Downtown Disney District! Email me today to start planning your next magical Disneyland Resort vacation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Returns in 2020 - November 14, 2019
- New Bites Have Arrived at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland - October 17, 2019
- 13 Spooktacular – Fall Photo Opportunities at the Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2019