Today at Disney’s Animal Kingdom a media event took place to unveil to the world Pandora – The World of Avatar. With massive mountains floating in the sky, thick rain forest like atmosphere, taking a journey on the Na’vi River and taking flight on the back of a banshee, Pandora is a must do while at Walt Disney World.
Opening to the public on May 27, Pandora – The World of Avatar will transform, transfix and transport Walt Disney World Resort Guests to an all-new Disney land beyond belief – 4.4 light years away from Earth.
Set with artifacts found throughout the Pandoran landscape, the dedication stage was surrounded by a tapestry of sights and sounds. Drummers pounded out traditional rhythms, colorfully dressed performers led a procession full of pageantry and artful banners fluttered in the morning sky.
There are two extraordinary attractions that anchor the new land:
- Avatar Flight of Passage sends explorers swooping and soaring on a simulated flight above the awe-inspiring world of Pandora on the back of a winged banshee. Floating mountains, rushing waterfalls, vast seas and dense jungle pass under-wing. This multi-sensory, wind-in-your-face experience is unlike anything Disney has created before. “You are grounded on a winged predator and flying through these amazing environments with special effects to add to the thrill,” Rohde says.
- Na’vi River Journey, takes families on an 8 person reed boat to follow a sacred river deep into the bio-luminescent rainforest under a canopy of exotic glowing plants, passing rock formations and Pandoran creatures on the move. This mystical journey culminates in an encounter with the Na’vi Shaman of Songs, who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora and sends positive energy out into the forest through her music.
Take a look at the Na’vi River Journey through multi angle PandaVision thanks to our friend at BigFatPanda.com
After enjoying a wonderful day through out Pandora guest can recharge at Satu’li Canteen, a casual quick service restaurant that is housed in an old Quonset hut.
Windtraders stocks Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits and where you can connect with your very own Banshee. Here’s our very own co-owner David with his Banshee Te Kā, you can also check out his Facebook page at DaddyDigzDisney.
Pongu Pongu, with a design as eclectic as its expat owner, is a specialty-beverage kiosk that serves up cooling refreshments and a treat called Lumpia (loom-pee-ah), a pineapple-cream cheese spring roll. – Pic courtesy of BlogMickey
Watch the Dedication Ceremony
Will you be visiting Pandora – The World of Avatar on your next trip? What’s your countdown?
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Travel Back to Prehistoric Time at Dinosaur World - June 25, 2019
- Our Nostalgic Trip to Miami Grill - June 19, 2019
- New Disney Summer Splash Pass Offer for Passholders - June 18, 2019