Announced today by SeaWorld Orlando – Christian music fans can kick off their year in high gear with a day of fellowship and fun at SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave. The live concert event series that will take place every Saturday from Jan. 20th – Feb. 10th 2018.
Guests can enjoy live musical performances by some of the hottest names in Christian music and celebrate in an atmosphere filled with Christian friendship, thrilling rides and inspiring animal attractions.
2018 musical performances include:
· Saturday, January 20 – Steven Curtis Chapman: In a career that has spanned 30 years, Steven Curtis Chapman is the most awarded artist in Christian music history with 58 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, five Grammys, an American Music Award, 48 No. 1 singles, selling over 11 million albums, with ten RIAA-certified gold and platinum albums to his credit.
· Saturday, January 27 – Lecrae: Lecrae is a two-time Grammy Award-winning hip-hop artist whose 2014 album, “Anomaly,” debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200, Rap, Digital, Christian, Gospel, and Independent charts. His seven studio albums and mixtapes have sold more than 1.9 million copies and he has co-headlined some of the best-selling tours in the U.S.
· Saturday, February 3 – SWITCHFOOT: Unearthing all manner of musical gems since their 1997 debut “The Legend of Chin,” SWITCHFOOT has steadily been expanding their global fan base and critical reputation through such releases as the multi-platinum breakthrough “The Beautiful Letdown” (2003) and the Grammy award-winning “Hello Hurricane” (2009). Beyond their career achievements, SWITCHFOOT has been active in a variety of philanthropic efforts through the band’s own Bro-Am Foundation. – (Updated on Jan 9th)
· Saturday, February 10 – MercyMe: Grammy-nominated, multiple American Music Award and Dove Award winners MercyMe have sold more than 8.5 million units in CD, single and DVD sales, garnered 27 No. 1 multi-format Christian radio singles and four consecutive mainstream radio hits with “I Can Only Imagine,” “Here With Me,” “Homesick” and “So Long Self.”
· UPDATE: New Artist – Matthew West: Sunday, February 11th – Well known for communicating stories through song, Matthew West has received thousands of stories from around the world. His latest studio album, “All In,” continues that storytelling theme and includes the No. 1 single “Broken Things.” His album, “Live Forever,” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Christian Sales Chart. The hit “Grace Wins” was also a No. 1 single. “Hello My Name Is” achieved a record-setting No.1 for 17 straight weeks at radio and “The Motions” was No. 1 for 15 weeks.
Live concerts take place at 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. each Saturday in the park’s Nautilus Theater and are included with park admission. Reserved seating packages for all performances are available online at SeaWorldOrlando.com and start at $19.
Live musical performances at the park continue in February with the return of SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival. As guests sip and sample their way through the park, they will discover globally-inspired flavors while enjoying local craft beers and culinary marketplaces. The fun goes beyond the food with live performances from top country, rock and Latin music artists for 9 consecutive weekends, Feb. 17 – April 15.
The best deal for guests to experience Praise Wave, and all of SeaWorld’s special events throughout the year, is with a SeaWorld Orlando 2018 Fun Card which includes unlimited admission with no blockout dates thru December 31, 2018. For more information and to purchase tickets visit the SeaWorld Orlando Homepage.
Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more fun.
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Maleficent Returns to the Magic Kingdom - January 25, 2019
- Celebrations and Fun Surprises at Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom - January 25, 2019
- Coming Soon to Give Kids the World – New Henri’s Starlite Scoops - January 23, 2019