Well folks, the headline is right… Three major Disney parks; Magic Kingdom in Florida, Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure in California will remain open for 24 hours. Read all about it… Disney Parks will be open for 24 hrs!! The parks will stay open from 6 AM on May 24th, 2013 to 6 AM on May 25th, 2013 local time. The announcement was made today by the 180-foot-tall Mike Wazowski that was projected onto Spaceship Earth in Epcot.
With the new upcoming Disney/Pixar film, “Monsters University” which will be released on June 21st, Disney put on a press event to hype everyone up for their “Monstrous Summer” promotion. At Epcot tonight, the media all gathered to hear an announcement from George Kalogridis, President of Walt Disney World.
“This summer, Disney Parks are bursting with a monstrous lineup of new thrills, shows and happenings,” he said. “Guests can start Memorial Day Weekend with a 24-hour-marathon of memory-making as three parks stay open all day and all night to celebrate the bi-coastal kick-off of our Disney Parks Monstrous Summer.”
All three parks will feature limited-edition specialty merchandise and food and beverage offerings plus other surprises throughout the entire day.
Click the video to see for yourself… 😉
- In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a “Monsters University” theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.
- In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
So stay tuned to Center of Magic for more info in the weeks to come.
- Bring the Magical Scents of Disney Home with Core Memory Candles - June 23, 2020
- SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove Parks in Orlando Reopening June 11th - June 4, 2020
- SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium is Now Open! - May 20, 2020