Universal Orlando celebrated the official Grand Opening of its fourth on-site hotel – Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – this evening with a beach bash featuring a surprise performance by The Beach Boys. The brand-new hotel features a total of 1,800 moderate and value priced rooms that evoke the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60s.
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
- Soaking up the sun at the 6,000 square foot sand beach surrounding the 8,000 square foot zero-entry pool at the Lazy River Courtyard
- Enjoying a leisurely float around Universal Orlando’s first Lazy River at an on-site hotel, with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun
- Taking in the stunning view of the Lazy River Courtyard while savoring a specialty cocktail, a freshly made smoothie and simple grill menu items from the rooftop deck at The Hideaway Bar & Grill
- Bowling a strike at the 10-lane Galaxy Bowl
- Channeling the godfather of fitness at the Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
- Racing down the iconic dive tower waterslide and splashing into a 10,000 square foot zero-entry pool in the Cabana Courtyard
- Enjoying a retro-themed specialty cocktail from Swizzle Lounge or Atomic Tonic
- Finding something delicious for the entire family at Bayliner Diner, a food court with something for everyone to enjoy including a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and grab-and-go items
Watch the video series on Youtube to learn more about the hotel and all the amenities it has to offer, including an all-new look at the Lazy River Courtyard and brand new standard guest rooms.
Rates for the standard guest rooms begin at $119 per night, and can run as low as $93 per-night depending on the length of stay. Rates for the family suites begin at $174 per-night, and can run as low as $134 per-night depending on the length of stay. Cabana Bay guests also get exclusive benefits only available to on-site hotel guests at Universal Orlando, including Early Park Admission one hour before the theme parks open.
The value-priced standard guest room features two queen size beds, a mini fridge, and a flat screen TV for a comfortable and affordable stay. The family suite sleeps up to six people and includes two queen size beds, a fold-out foam bed, kitchenette, a sliding partition for privacy, two flat-screen TVs and a bathroom with preparation spaces for three people at once.
“Our new hotel is a destination unto itself,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Parks and Resorts. “From the incredible retro design to the bowling alley to the lazy river and more – this hotel is the perfect complement to our other hotels.”
“Cabana Bay Beach Resort is an exciting and first of its kind addition to the Loews Hotels & Resorts family,” said Jonathan Tisch, Chairman, Loews Hotels & Resorts. “We are thrilled to bring a unique and fun offering to guests traveling to Orlando, as we open our fourth hotel with our partners at Universal Parks and Resorts.”
To learn more or to make a reservation, call 1-888-273-1311 or visit www.universalorlando.com. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is co-owned and operated by Loews Hotels & Resorts.
- Bring the Magical Scents of Disney Home with Core Memory Candles - June 23, 2020
- SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove Parks in Orlando Reopening June 11th - June 4, 2020
- SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium is Now Open! - May 20, 2020