Disney is monitoring the progress of the storm and is making operational adjustments as needed because the safety of their Guests and Cast Members is of the most utmost importance to them.
These are the Park Closures and Operational Updates that will take place starting tomorrow September 3rd, 2019.
As posted on the Walt Disney World Resort website.
“In keeping with our strong commitment to safety, our history of being prepared during inclement weather and to continue to delight Guests who are staying at our resorts, Walt Disney World Resort is adjusting its operating hours beginning Tuesday, September 3:
Tuesday, September 3
- Magic Kingdom Park: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (opening at 7:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Epcot: 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM (opening at 6:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00 AM-2:00 PM (opening at 7:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney Springs: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10:00 AM- 3:00PM.
DISNEY RESORT HOTEL OPERATIONAL UPDATES Disney Resort hotels remain open. In keeping safety top of mind, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed beginning September 3 at 3 p.m. and will reopen following the storm when it is safe to do so. We have contacted guests with current and upcoming reservations at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to relocate them to other resorts on property and to help them plan for anticipated weather impacts.
SPECIAL EVENT CANCELLATIONS AND UPDATES Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been canceled on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Guests with pre-purchased event tickets for this date are able to exchange their tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Disney After Hours event in 2019.
- Tickets to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event in 2019.
- 1-Day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Option, which can be used any day prior to December 31, 2020.
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these other options, guests should call (407) 939-7818 by December 15, 2019 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, or email us at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible.
DINING AND OTHER EXPERIENCE RESERVATIONS On Sept. 3, theme park dining reservations will be honored up to one hour prior to park closing. Resort dining reservations will be honored until 5:30 p.m. Effective immediately, we will not be enforcing cancellation policies for dining and other experiences, so there’s no need to cancel existing reservations through Tuesday, Sept. 3. Pre-paid dining and other experiences outside of the modified operating hours for Sept. 3 will be automatically canceled and refunded. For more information, please review our hurricane policy or additional hurricane-related frequently asked questions.”
Please continue to monitor the Walt Disney World Resort page for additional updates and also the local news outlets for the latest weather information. For more information, review the Disney frequently asked questions page regarding Disney’s hurricane policy.
At Center of Magic, we care about the safety of our followers, readers, and fans and want them to be informed. We hope and pray that everyone stays safe always.
Latest posts by Ivon (see all)
- Solar Vortex Water Slide at Adventure Island in 2020 - September 17, 2019
- New Iron Gwazi Coaster Opening Spring 2020 at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s New Ice Breaker Coaster Opening Spring 2020 - September 16, 2019