Hello! My name is Loretta Garcia and I am the Travel Writer for Center of Magic (formerly Diclajia’s Disney Dreams). As a Travel Writer, I spend hours and hours visiting the Disney and travel sites on the web. As I research and review the various resorts, I thought I would put together a short little info page for each resort. As Pop Century is one of the all time favorites and the resort I will be staying at on my next visit, I thought I would start there.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Disney’s Pop Century Resort located in the ESPN Wide World of Sports Resort Area is made up of 10 separate hotel style buildings representing different centuries and decorated with recognizable icons There are 2,880 rooms and 3 pool areas for your enjoyment. The central area called “Classic Hall”, is where the front desk, gift shop, arcade and food court are located.
Here are a list of the Icons by building to visit and enjoy during your stay at Pop Century or when visiting the WDW.
- Bowling pin staircases
- Lady and the Tramp statue
- 45rpm records
- Transistor radio
- Bowling pin Pool
- Yo-yo staircases
- Hippie Flowers
- Peace symbol
- Baloo statue with Mowgli
- 8-track tape staircases
- Disco Dancing
- Foosball setup
- Four-story tall Big Wheel
- Mickey Mouse phone
- Mood ring
- Rubik’s Cube staircases
- Roger Rabbit statue
- A giant Walkman
- Mr. Potato Head
- Michael Jackson
- Cell phone staircases
- A giant Laptop
- Giant floppy disks and keyboard
- Hip-hop dance
Disney Transport buses provide scheduled service between the resort hotel and the theme parks, water parks, and Downtown Disney. The resort has laundry facilities and babysitting options available. It also has pizza delivery to guests’ rooms as well as cable television. Refrigerators and internet access are complimentary.
The hotel has several shopping and dining locations, including the following:
- Everything Pop is both the food court and the gift shop for the resort. The gift shop has products based on the 1950s-1990s decades as well as regular Disney merchandise. The food court has five different specialty shops; Bakery, Grill, Market, Pizza, and Ethnic. This is the only resort in the magic kingdom, that serves ‘Tie Dyed’ cheesecake, a Pop Century favorite. The Disney Dining Plan can be used to purchase Quick Service meals.
- Grab-N-Go Market is located in the back of Everything Pop and offers foods that can be carried into the theme parks, such as water, muffins, and sandwiches.
- Petals Pool Bar is a bar located near the Hippy-Dippy Pool in the 1960s themed area, near the “Classic Hall” lobby. Drinks may be purchased at the bar.
Disney’s Pop Century is one of 4 value resorts at WDW Resorts and is considered one of the favorites by visitors, travel agents and cast members.
Is this one of your preferred Walt Disney World Resorts? Let us know your favorite.. 😉
- Walt Disney World’s Pop Century Resort - June 8, 2014
- Free Dining and Fall – Winter Promotions at Walt Disney World - May 2, 2014