Thinking about taking a cruise with Mickey Mouse? Disney Cruise Line is a premium cruise line and price tends to be higher than other cruise lines. One reason is they include more than other cruise lines do. Disney Cruise Line is also known for its top-knotch entertainment and service. So, what’s included in the price of a Disney Cruise?
- Spacious Staterooms-your stateroom plus all applicable taxes and port fees. Staterooms include Inside, Oceanview, Verandah, and Concierge. Each stateroom has extra space and storage, sitting area, and split bath to allow more people to get ready at the same time.
- Meals-breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all included! There’s a great variety of dining options- upscale restaurants, buffets, poolside snacks and 24-hour room service (be sure to tip the crew member that brings your room service). The specialty restaurants, Palo and Remy, do charge a fee however.
- Soda-soft drinks at meals and at each ship’s beverage station, along with tap water, milk, coffee, tea and juice. Other cruise lines charge for soft drinks or offer soda packages
- Snacks-all snacks and ice cream throughout the ship (premium Mickey bar anyone?)
- Character Meet & Greets-meet all kinds of characters on your cruise and get a photo and/or autograph! Depending on your itinerary you can meet any character from Mickey Mouse to Captain America to Darth Vader.
- Enchanting Entertainment-live Broadway-style productions, Disney movie classics, current first-run films, deck parties, and fireworks are just a few of the wonderful entertainment provided onboard.
- Disney’s Private Island-Relax in paradise with beach chairs, umbrellas, waterslides, and a buffet lunch on Castaway Cay (on most Caribbean and Bahamian cruises)
- Youth Clubs-Themed clubs for every age staffed by specially trained Disney counselors. Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab are for kids ages 3-12. Edge is a club for tweens ages 11-14. Vibe is a teens-only club for ages 14-17. There’s also a nursery for children ages 6 months to 3 years old but there is a fee and space is very limited.
- Pools & Recreation-kids pools, family pools, adults-only pools, water coasters, splash pads, fitness center, sports deck, and mini golf (on 2 ships) are all included!
- Family Activities-non-stop family activities including trivia games, live musicians and other entertainers, poolside movies, animation workshops, and more.
With all that’s included in the price of a Disney cruise, there are still some things that cost extra:
- Spa/Salon-manicures, pedicures, hair styling, spa treatments and access to the Rainforest Room (sauna, steamroom, heated lounge chairs)
- Specialty Dining-premium adult-only dining at Palo and Remy
- Alcohol-alcoholic beverages, smoothies, and non-alcoholic specialty drinks, specialty coffees, and bottled water (still or sparkling)
- Adult Activities-wine tastings, mixology classes, Bingo, ect
- Port Activities-shore excursions, tours, and other activities you want to experience at the port(s)
- Wi-Fi-there’s no internet on the cruise unless you pay for it with the exception of the free Disney Cruise Line Navigator App
- Photos-any photos taken by Disney photographers cost extra. You can purchase a photo package and it’s cheaper if you purchase in advance
- Castaway Cay Activities-bike rentals, hair braiding, inner tube and snorkeling gear rentals, sailboat and Jetski rentals, stingray encounters, ect.
- Gratuities-gratuities for your stateroom host and designated dining servers, including the head server, main server and assistant server. You can pre-pay your gratuities so you don’t have to worry about them while you’re on the cruise.
- Transportation-ground transportation to and from the port at the beginning and end of your cruise are not included. Disney does provide transportation for a fee.
- Souvenirs-any souvenirs or gifts you want to remember your cruise you’ll need to pay for
- Laundry-self-serve laundry facilities are onboard each ship but they do cost a small fee. They also have detergent and dryer sheets for purchase.
A Disney cruise is definitely a different experience than a visit to the Disney theme parks but it’s still so magical and fun! Are you ready to set sail with Mickey Mouse? Contact me today for a free quote! firstname.lastname@example.org